Hadar, Dr. ShacharPartner Capital Markets
Dr. Shachar Hadar heads the firm’s Global Capital Markets practice. Shachar has a broad background in corporate and securities law, with an emphasis on public offerings in the U.S., private placements, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures,corporate governance issues and general corporate and Israel and U.S. securities law counseling. Shachar has extensive experience in structuring and leading cross border transactions, representing both domestic and foreign corporations.
Shachar returned to GKH in 2006. Prior to that, he was an associate in the Business Law Department at Goodwin Procter in Boston, Massachusetts, where he worked on a wide variety of corporate and securities matters, including public and private offerings of equity securities, public and private mergers and acquisitions as well as other general corporate matters. While attending Harvard Law School, Shachar was a recipient of numerous fellowships, including the John M. Olin Fellowship in Law, Economics and Business and the Clark Byse Fellowship. Shachar’s dissertation explores theoretical and legal aspects of shareholder heterogeneity and shareholder activism.
Legal 500, 2015: “Head of international securities Shachar Hadar is ‘a very dedicated and professional lawyer'”.
Shachar has been nominated as one of the leading practitioners in the field of corporate governance in Who’s Who Legal: M&A and Governance 2016. Shachar is listed amongst the top 11 practitioners in Israel and some 1,600 worldwide.
Shachar is an Adjunct Lecturer at Tel-Aviv University, the Interdisciplinary Center Herzlyia and at the College of Management.
• Representation of cCAM Biotherapeutics in connection with its sale to Merck
• Representation of Maxim Group and Roth Capital in connection with the initial public offering of Intec Pharma (NASDAQ)
• Representation of Barclays and Citigroup in the initial public offering of Kornit Digital (NASDAQ)
• Representation of Nova Measuring Instruments (NASDAQ; TASE) in the acquisition of ReVera Incorporated
• Representation of Bottomline Technologies (NASDAQ) in the acquisition of Intellinx
• Representation of Canaccord in the initial public offering of Matomy (London Stock Exchange)
• Representation of CaesarStone (NASDAQ) in connection with a secondary offering of its securities ($288 million)
• Representation of Given Imaging (NASDAQ; TASE) in its sale to Covidien for $1 billion
• Representation of Bio-Light Life Sciences Investments (TASE; OTCQX) in connection with the establishment of an ADR facility in the U.S.
• Representation of Barclays in a follow-on offering of Sapiens International (NASDAQ; TASE)
• Representation of York Capital in the rearrangement of Elbit Imaging (NASDAQ; TASE)
• Representation of CaesarStone (NASDAQ) in connection with a secondary offering of its securities ($180 million)
• Representation of On Track Innovations (OTI)(NASDAQ) in connection with hostile takeover against the company
• Representation of Shamir Optical (NASDAQ; TASE) in its sale to Essilor International (XPAR)
• Representation of Nova Measuring Instruments (NASDAQ; TASE) in its follow-on offering
• Representation of GE in its investment in Emefcy
• Representation of Finisar Corp. (NASDAQ) in the acquisition of Red-C Optical
• Representation of York Capital in the sale of controlling shares in Psagot Investment House to Apax Partners (based on an enterprise value of $885 million)
• Representation of Syneron (NASDAQ) in its acquisition of Candela Corp. (NASDAQ)
• Representation of Elbit Systems (NASDAQ; TASE) in its asset purchase from BVR Systems
• Representation of Elron Electronic Industries (TASE) in its tender offer on Given Imaging (NASDAQ: TASE)
• Representation of Optibase (NASDAQ) in its tender offer on Scopus (NASDAQ)
• Representation of TPG Capital in its investment in Strauss Coffee
• Representation of Finisar Corp. (NASDAQ) in the acquisition of Kailight Photonics
LL.B. (magna cum laude), Tel Aviv University, Israel, 1997
B.A., Economics, summa cum laude, Tel Aviv University, Israel, 1997
LL.M., magna cum laude, Tel Aviv University, Israel, 2000
LL.M., Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 2001
S.J.D., Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 2004
Israel Bar Association, 1998
Massachusetts Bar, 2004