Meisel, EinatPartner Head of Cross Border practice
Einat Meisel is a partner at GKH, where she leads the firm’s cross-border practice. Specializing in international corporate and transactional matters, Einat is recognized as a prominent transactional attorney in Israel, particularly in the technology sector.
Einat advises global organizations and emerging growth companies on a wide range of complex international transactions, including structuring and leading strategic alliances, business combinations (mergers and acquisitions, stock and asset sales, etc.), international ventures, and complex joint ventures.
Einat also has broad experience working with companies at all stages of their development, from seed-stage start-ups to mature companies on venture capital financings, public equity offerings, private placement equity and debt transactions, spin-outs, recapitalizations, and other corporate reorganizations.
Einat regularly advises public and private companies as well as multinational corporations and their managements on a broad range of corporate matters, including corporate governance responsibilities, equity incentive plans and arrangements, employment matters, intellectual property issues, and commercial transactions. In addition, she often counsels entrepreneurs on the formation of their companies, equity structures, and negotiations with seed and venture capital investors, as well as representing and advising venture capital firms and other institutions investing in technology companies in Israel.
Einat joined GKH in 2002. Previously, she worked at Bingham McCutchen (formerly McCutchen, Doyle, Brown & Emerson, LLP), a leading U.S. law firm where she represented clients in complex financial transactions and a full range of corporate and technology matters. She was a founding member and first Executive Director of the California-Israel Chamber of Commerce, a non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening business and trade relations between California and Israel. Einat also served as in-house counsel for Influence, Inc., a medical device company founded by Israeli entrepreneurs, which was acquired by American Medical Systems.
Born in Israel, Einat moved to the U.S. with her family when she was very young and conducted most of her schooling, including her undergraduate and graduate studies in the U.S. Following law school, Einat moved to San Francisco, California where she developed an interest in working with immigrant entrepreneurs and international technology companies, particularly Israeli-related technology businesses.
• Represented Amazon.com in its acquisition of Annapurna Labs. Ltd.
• Represented Yahoo! in its acquisition of Clarity Ray Solutions Ltd.
• Represented Yahoo! in its acquisition of RayV Technologies Ltd.
• Represented Syneron Medical Ltd. in its acquisition CoolTouch Inc.
• Represented Autodesk in its acquisition of ForEach Ltd.
• Represented Pixim Inc. it is acquisition by Sony Electronics.
• Represented Syneron Medical Ltd. in the creation of Illuminage Beauty, a joint venture with Unilever.
• Represented Syneron Medical Ltd. in its acquisition of UltraShape Ltd.
• Represented Pixim Inc. in its acquisition of Advasense Ltd.
• Represented Yahoo! in its acquisition of Dapper Inc.
• Represented Syneron Medical Ltd. in its acquisition of Candela Corporation
• Represented Yahoo! in its acquisition of Foxytunes Ltd.
• Represented NetApp in its acquisition of Topio Inc.
• Represented NetApp in its acquisition of Onaro Inc.
B.A., Business Administration, Indiana University, 1989
J.D., Chicago Kent College of Law, 1992
Illinois Bar, 1992
California Bar, 1994
Israel Bar Association, 2003