Amir HalevyFounding Partner
Amir HalevyFounding Partner
Amir is a senior partner at the law firm of GKH – Gross, Kleinhendler, Hodak, Halevy, Greenberg & Co.
Amir Halevy has extensive experience in the fields of technology and venture capital, representing numerous Israeli startups, enterprises and venture capital funds.
He represents companies publicly traded both in Israel and the U.S. and had been involved in IPO’s in Israel, U.S. and UK, as well as in securities litigation matters in Israel. Amir played an instrumental role in the adoption of legislation and regulations that affect investments in Israeli technology companies.
Amir also counsels family held enterprises with regard to the day to day operation of their businesses and the transfer of control from one generation to the next. He advises individuals of high net worth regarding their estates, trusts and succession planning. In January 2006, Amir qualified as a STEP Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP). In addition, Amir serves as a member on the Advisory Committee to The Raya Strauss Center for Family Business Research at the Recanati Business School, Tel Aviv University.
Amir counsels international investment banks in connection with their activities in the Israeli and international markets, and has extensive experience in advising international wealth management firms in their activities in Israel or with Israeli clients.
Together with Gene Kleinhendler, Amir is the co-author of “ISR International Securities Regulation, Israel Section,” published by Oceana Publications, Inc. He lectures on topics related to Family Businesses as part of the “Lahav” program at the Recanati School of Business at Tel-Aviv University; on topics related to high tech and foreign public offerings at the MBA program of the Technicon Industrial Engineering Department; and in the Executive Education program of the Interdisciplinary Center, Herzliya.
Memberships and roles:
• Member of the Executive Committee and the Legal Committee of the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC)
• Member of the Board of the JFN – Jewish Funders Network from 2008 till 2014
• One of the founders and the Chairman of the Board of “Vehadarta” – a charity focused on the advancement of the status of the elderly
• Board member of the Atalef Foundation for the Israeli Navy Seals Unit
• Member of Committed to Give – The Initiative for Promoting Philanthropy in Israel
• Member of Jdocu – Photographers Group, which documents Jewish communities around the world, and donates the proceeds from the sale of their publications to social projects within those communities
• Member of IVN – Israel Venture Network
• Member of the board of directors and head of the Standards and Ethics Committee of IATI- Isarel Advanced Technology Industries from 2002 till 2012.
According to Chambers Global 2018 “Amir Halevy is a highly knowledgeable practitioner with a wealth of expertise in the technology field. Sources describe him as “experienced, composed and practical with good judgement and flexibility.” He represents both domestic and international clients.”
CityWelath Magazine, a leading guide for professionals in the Private Wealth field, chose Amir as one of a handful of prominent attorneys in the field of private wealth in Israel for 2016.
In addition, Amir has also been recommended by “Legal Experts EMEA 2012” in the fields of Banking & Finance and Capital Markets.
Amir Halevy joined Gene Kleinhendler in 1986 with the formation of Kleinhendler and Halevy. He served as Managing Partner of GKH from January 2001 to December 2009.
Amir is an 11th generation Jerusalemite, and his ancestry can be traced back to 1732. He is married to Sandra and has three children and two grandsons.
LL.B., Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel, 1978
Israel Bar Association,1979
STEP-Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (U.K.)
International Association of Jewish Lawyers and Jurists(Member, Executive Committee, 1988-2007)